📺 New Chromecast with Google TV incoming
David Imel / Android Authority
🖋️ Happy Friday, everyone! This week I discovered the magic of brown ink. It’s a nice variation to the standard black and blue you see everywhere, adding a little touch of interest to all of my handwritten notes. As someone whose favorite color is brown (don’t @ me), I’m not sure what took me this long. Anyway, here’s some tech news.
New Google Chromecast with Google TV is on the way
David Imel / Android Authority
The Chromecast with Google TV is one of the easiest streaming solutions around, and now it looks like there will be a new model coming out soon.
- This will be the third model in the lineup, after the original 4K model (2020) and the cheaper 1080p model (2022).
- It was discovered by 9to5Google, who dug through the preview version of the Google Home app to find mentions of the new device.
- In all likelihood, the new device will be an updated version of the original 4K model, which is due for a refresh.
- We’re guessing it will support the AV1 codec for better stream quality and lower bandwidth usage.
- Apart from that, the only complaint we have about the original device was a lack of storage space.
- To learn more, check out our reviews for the original 4K model and the newer HD model, both of which we highly recommend.
- As someone who just bought the HD model for my elderly in-laws over the holidays, it’s perfect for the remote-first crowd.
New Galaxy S23 renders break surface
We’re just a few weeks away from the next Galaxy Unpacked event, where Samsung is expected to reveal the latest Samsung Galaxy S23 lineup. As always, there’s been a trickle of leaks ahead of the official reveal, including new renders just yesterday.
- The latest images (via WinFuture) don’t reveal too much new information, but they do confirm what we had already suspected.
- Notable details include individual camera housing for each lens and curved metal edges.
- We also got a glimpse of the new colorways, such as Phantom Black, Botanic Green, Mystic Lilac, and Cotton Flower.
- On the inside, all three devices will pack the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor.
- Camera performance is also expected to be improved, with the Galaxy S23 Ultra potentially toting a 200MP main shooter.
- If you can’t wait to pick one up, you can already pre-order the devices here, with no commitment if you change your mind.
Today we have a little tech story from everyone’s favorite rat pizzeria Chuck E. Cheese. A recent TikTok video (via Arstechnica) from Chuck E. Cheese employee Stewart Coonrod shows the process of installing new software for the latest animatronic song-and-dance number, which includes two DVDs and a 3.5-inch floppy disk. Apparently, the company still ships new 1.44MB floppies to the few locations that still use its “Cyberstar” computer system that dates back to 1998.
Sadly (or maybe not sadly?), this will be Charles Entertainment Cheese’s final dance, as Coonrod’s store is set for a remodel that will remove the animatronics later this year. Pour one out for America’s favorite dancing robot pizza rodent.
Nick Fernandez, Editor.